Parent Support Groups
” Until I discovered COPE, I had never known anyone who had suffered the loss of a child. I now know people who understand my pain and grief, and I can find support whenever I need it.” – JB
Losing a child is devastating. Having the peer support from other parents who can understand is life saving. COPE parent support groups offer parents a safe place to share their grief and find the tools to live with their unimaginable loss.
Participating in a group offers many benefits including:
- Receiving emotional support in a safe and non-judgmental environment
- An opportunity to begin and continue the healing process through sharing your own story and hearing the stories of others.
- Learn coping skills to help you through the difficult days of your grief journey.
- The opportunity to discover new traditions and ideas to keep your children present in your hearts and in your memories.
- Increased understanding of how children and other family members react to loss.
- Permission to grieve and permission to live.
Check the Calendar for our most up to date schedule of groups.
Due to New York State Licensing laws, we can only register NYS residents for telehealth and support groups
All new attendees must first contact COPE at (P) 516-274-0540 or by email at email@example.com.
Parents and siblings are welcome to attend more than one group, but all participants who plan to attend a group that they have not attended before must first contact COPE at firstname.lastname@example.org