“After my sister died, I didn’t feel the need to go to any support groups because I thought I could cope on my own. It wasn’t until I started attending the COPE sibling group that I realized I needed the support and sensitivity of people who have suffered a similar loss.” – GJ
Support groups offer siblings the companionship and true understanding from others who have also lost a sibling and are experiencing the similar challenges that living with this loss brings. Participating in a group offers many benefits including:
- Receiving emotional support in a safe and non-judgmental environment
- An opportunity to begin and continue the healing process through sharing your own story and hearing the stories of others.
- Learn coping skills to help you through the difficult days of your grief journey.
- The opportunity to discover new traditions and ideas to keep your sibling present in your hearts and in your memories.
- Increased understanding of how other family members react to loss.
- Permission to grieve and permission to live.
Due to New York State Licensing laws, we can only register NYS residents for telehealth and support groups
All new attendees must first fill out our intake form.
Siblings are welcome to attend more than one group, but all current participants who plan to attend a group that they have not attended before must first contact COPE at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about our groups or programs, please contact COPE at 516-274-0540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.